Locations : Adena Cancer Center
Map & DirectionsAdena Cancer Center
4435 State Route 159
Chillicothe, OH 456014435 State Route 159 Chillicothe, OH 45601
Enter your starting address in the field below.
HoursMonday through Friday:
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Welcome to the Adena Cancer Center
Capitalizing on an already successful cancer program, the new Adena Cancer Center houses the latest in cancer care advances. These advances are being used by our cancer specialists to provide our patients with exceptional treatment.
Patients of the new Adena Cancer Center will be able to see their physician and receive advanced testing and therapy in one convenient location -- close to home, family and friends.
Along with the predominant cancers treated at Adena – breast, lung, colorectal, prostate and head and neck – other kinds of cancers also are treated at the cancer center.
The same treatments that are provided to cancer patients at major centers are available here at Adena. Along with advanced technology and treatment, physicians, nurses and support staff provide highly personalized care that distinguishes Adena from other hospital systems around the nation.
Our Patient Navigators work closely with patients to help expedite care, while serving as a vital support mechanism.
Here’s a breakdown of the Adena Cancer Center:
- Radiation oncology encompasses about 9,000 square feet and includes two linear accelerators and one CT simulator. The new equipment will allow doctors to precisely pinpoint tumors while sparing surrounding healthy tissue. This allows patients to receive higher radiation doses with far fewer side effects, dramatically shortening their treatment time and increasing their chances for survival.
- Medical oncology encompasses about 5,000 square feet and includes 16 treatment spaces and a retail pharmacy. Patients will recline in front of floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking a park-like setting and each infusion station will offer wireless internet access, a TV/DVD and a guest seat.
- Clinical spaces encompass about 7,300 square feet and include 14 examination rooms and four consultation rooms.
- Patient-focused amenities encompass about 5,000 square feet and include a café, conference/education area, enhancement boutique, healing alcoves and resource center/library.
- The center will treat a broad variety of cancers with the most advanced protocols, including IGRT, IMRT, high-dose brachytherapy, mammosite and more.
- Multiple cancer sites can be treated in the same day, saving valuable time for patients.